Old 01-03-22, 12:32 PM
Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1325 Post(s)
Liked 1,306 Times in 560 Posts
I hate the internet hand wringing that comes along with "thinking" about racing. It's kind of what's killing our sport.

It's a bike race. You're not signing up to parachute behind enemy lines with only 1 chance to save the free world. Read the racing thread on the racing forum here. It's got a lot of advice.

I put together a long video covering a lot of the stuff that no one actually covers online regarding the specifics of how to get to a race and what to do whenyou get there. Everyone is always so focused on the racing part. Worth a check although COVID protocols have changed a lot of how this happens now with regard to registration and number pickup.

BUT.... I say it every year: the best laid plans of deep winter are destroyed as soon as the first races start. Meaning most people who "think" about racing do it about this time of year and somehow they find something else to do when it comes time to actually do it. I implore you to not do that. You obviously have an interest. Give it a try. Local teams and clubs will help but you don't need to find them before trying it. Never fail but the first race I do in any area is how I make my next best friends in that area.

Do it.

Race. Try it.

Likes For Psimet2001: