View Single Post
Old 01-27-23, 10:30 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10971 Post(s)
Liked 7,498 Times in 4,194 Posts
Originally Posted by base2
Strava doesn't show premium users anything new that the device or service that sync'd the data doesn't already show.

Golden Cheetah does all the personal fitness data-junkie stuff better.
Garmin Connect is comprehensive & has a passable route planner.
Ride With GPS has the route planner to beat.

What Strava really offered was a one dimensional user experience (kudos) for inane efforts based on the promise of FOMO of others epic rides, pictures.

The real question is: "What does Strava offer that is worth paying for?" Camaraderie? You can get a more meaningful version of that in real life from the people you rode with.
Strava shows me others who rode that day/year and how they did. It shows me people who I know or know of and routes they are riding. Its a social connection.
I have hooked onto a couple different groups for some fast group rides because I found out about the rides thru looking at others on Strava, seeing its a regular group ride, and contacting someone I kinda sorta know for details. I would have never otherwise known about those rides. I am actually looking forward to participating in them every now and then this spring and summer and plan to bring someone else to some of the group rides.

I havent ever felt FOMO from Strava.
Likes For mstateglfr: