Old 07-14-20, 07:23 PM
Dancing Skeleton

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 34 Posts
Odd behavior by another cyclist when I take "his" KOM

I'm I fan of Strava, mostly for the social aspects of seeing my friends rides & also to track some popular segments that we all share. It's great to go up against my friends on those, there are about ten of them that are highly competitive within my cycling club, I don't stand a chance of a KOM, or even to be first in my club on any of those.
I do have a few KOM's, none on highly competitive segments, most are near my home. I find it fun to try to go for them, but in all reality they don't mean that much to me, and I certainly don't consider them to be "mine", if someone can beat me, especially if it's one of my friends, then they get kudos, and I'm happy for that person.

I have noticed a very odd behavior by some local cyclist who I don't know. Whenever I get a KOM that he has, he goes out the next day to get it back. Fine, I don't really care, if it makes him happy, whatever. But recently, I got one of "his" that had stood since 2015, and within hours it was "flagged as hazardous". I can't be 100% sure who did this, but I'm sure that it wasn't one of my followers, so it has to be that guy. As Yogi Berra said "It's way to coincidental to be a coincidence".
It's not a big deal, I'm not going to go through the Strava waiver process etc., but c'mon, isn't this a little weird?
Likes For Dancing Skeleton: