View Single Post
Old 02-01-22, 07:26 PM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 949 Times in 556 Posts
Originally Posted by Cdst
I am looking for a headlight that mounts with the gopro style mount that the Garmin Varia UT800 mounts to, or has a first party adapter to mount that way. I will be attaching it under an out front style mount. I would get the Garmin light, but I have a Wahoo so I can't use the light's smart features and I would like something with better battery life. The Garmin's stated life is 1.5 hours at max power. 2-3 hours would be better.
800 lumens would be fine.
Self contained or corded battery is also fine. I would prefer li-ion over AA batteries.
I would like it to be able to charge over USB.

Also, feel free to tell me that the Garmin is the one I should get if there isn't something better out there for less money.
I don't think you will get more battery life unless you go bigger. it always seems 1.5 Hours on max is pretty normal. are you sure the wahoo wont use them? maybe only changing light output with the darkness? that was a cool feature. not sure if the Karoo 2 would o that either. not sure what brand would have an adaptor. looks like night rider and lights & motion have one. the wahoo would at least turn the garmin light on and off and tell you when the battery is low.