Old 01-06-23, 01:41 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by Kontact
As I alluded with references to oil, commuting distances and climate, comparing the US and Europe directly is absurd.

It isnt one thing, like infrastructure policy, it's everything. You're not arguing with me, you're arguing with what you'd like to think are my politics. And you're wrong.

But foolish assumptions are the bread and butter of argumentative forum bullies
You came into this thread telling the OP repeatedly that he didn't know what the OP he had written was about and you're calling me the "forum bully"?

You have such a persecution complex, geez. I didn't "assume" anything, I quoted it in black and white and I said clearly I have no idea what your agenda is. You just keep making absurd statements like "neither were designed for or against cars", when it was explicitly clear and overt in the US that our urban areas and infrastructure were being redesigned and expanded on this basis for decades. You're talking about an era of "urban planning" when whole neighborhoods were being leveled and/or divided to make way for interstates and parking lots/structures. I just don't like it when people make up phony baloney history that weirdly ignores the internal combustion revolution. Seriously, do you think the average commute would be as distant as it is if automobile driving hadn't been privileged? Housing patterns didn't cause high reliance on cars in the US, reliance on cars changed housing patterns. A passing understanding if post-war mid 20th century history would have told you that.

And I'm sorry, but saying you can't directly compare countries because they're different is rather silly. On this, you're not even wrong. Trying to figure out which of those differences matter and whether there are any lessons to be drawn from those differences that may have any usefulness is exactly why such comparisons are made.

If you're happy with the way things are, fine. But don't come in here with a bunch of fake erudition and think we're going to bowled over by it.

And I hate to break it to you, but if I'm following a party line, good luck identifying which party. Most of my views are as popular as syphilis around here.
Likes For livedarklions: