Old 06-05-22, 09:22 AM
persavon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hybrid bike recommendation

Hi everyone,

After 10 years, I've decided to sell my MTB since I'm not really doing any mountain biking really and feels like I'm putting way too much effort in paddling than needed. Plus it's too heavy.
I'm riding mostly in the city and on bike trails, sometimes unpaved, but definitely not next-level mountain stuff. Mind you that "city" doesn't necessarily mean smooth surface, especially where I live near Toronto with horrible biking infrastructure which is full of potholes.
I was thinking a hybrid would fit me best, so I would like some suggestions please. While researching I found the article from Wirecutter quite informative (I'm not allowed to post the link). For instance I had no idea that front suspension is not really needed, although I'm still a bit skeptic of this claim (I don't really want my arms to hurt after riding for a couple hours). Their top pick Marin Fairfax 1 looks interesting but I think the 35mm tires are too thin and won't give me the proper grip and stability on trails. Do you have any alternative suggestions in the < CAD $1,000 price range?