Old 12-05-22, 02:49 PM
tomato coupe

Bikes: Colnago, Van Dessel, Factor, Cervelo, Ritchey

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3956 Post(s)
Liked 7,309 Times in 2,949 Posts
Originally Posted by phughes
You are doubling down on irrelevant bordering on ridiculous. You are missing the one salient point. The OP has pain on one side. That is indicative to dropping to one side, which is usually caused by a too high saddle height. Setting seat heigh dynamically, by judging how a person interfaces with the bike while actually riding under moderate load, is a good way to get the seat height set properly for the individual. Doing so while riding take into account the position of the feet on the pedals.

You are dismissing good ideas simply because one person espousing the idea has some other ideas that are off. There is absolutely nothing wrong with his ideas about seat height. Nothing. In fact, it is used by other fitters as a way of figuring seat height. I chose to link Hogg's articles because he explains it well, and has a good method for a person to assess their seat height without help. Your comment does nothing but possibly steer someone away from a fix that can help alleviate an issue, and possibly prevent more serious injuries that can be caused by a too high saddle height. I am now seeing why so many have you on ignore.
The OP has pain on one side, but that doesn't mean it's due to saddle height. (My post about Hoggs actually had nothing to do with saddle height.) The underlying basis of Hogg's fitting philosophy is that most cyclists' have issues with pelvic alignment. I didn't say his ideas were crazy -- I simply quoted parts of the article. Ya'll can decide if his ideas have merit or not.