Old 08-02-20, 06:29 PM
MattTheHat 

Bikes: 2021 S-Works Turbo Creo SL, 2020 Specialized Roubaix Expert

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 762 Post(s)
Liked 4,029 Times in 1,427 Posts
Originally Posted by wolfchild
The only good reason to carry a phone while cycling is for emergencies, I really don't see any other good reasons why a cyclists would carry a phone. If they carry a phone for entertainment then it means that their ride is very dull and boring or they have a serious addiction to social media.
There are lots of reasons to carry a phone. For me, it allows me to get out of the office more than I could if I could not be contacted. I can receive phone calls, text messages and emails, all allowing me to conduct business if need be. It doesn’t come up much, but it allows me to get out of the office more. It allows my wife to know where I am. It allows me to make the call of shame if needed. It interfaces with my ride computer. It allows me to receive weather alerts and check incoming storms and possibly avoid them. It also allows me to listen to music while I ride. Or podcasts. If I were to get lost it allows me to navigate. It’s also my camera. And if I were to get into an accident, it would allow me to call for help.

To the OP’s question, my plan is to not worry about it. People were riding for years before cell phones. Most survived.
Likes For MattTheHat: