View Single Post
Old 12-01-21, 05:56 AM
az1900

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Help choosing a bike for almost 6 yr old

I'm having the hardest time deciding off of information on the web. The bike stores around here will only have 1 bike in this size and thus they try to sell me that. I'd be happy to buy from a bike store, and spend up to around $300 (we have a younger one who will use the bike eventually) for a lighter weight bike but how do you choose based on reviews online? No training wheels necessary, 21 inch inseem. So a 20 inch bike, or if we get bmx maybe 16 inch.

My husband turned down RoyalBaby due to that name being printed all over the bike. My husband wants one that has pegs and will do tricks, however the BMX bikes that I see cost more than our budget and I believe would be uncomfortable for most of the riding which will be just around the neighborhood or on park trails.

I'm not good with his choice of a Mongoose because it seems too heavy at over 30 lbs.

I've read the recommendation to choose a manufacturer that only makes kids bikes because they get the geometry correct and others don't usually. Is that true?