Old 12-08-21, 02:04 PM
Viich
Hack

Bikes: TrueNorth CX bike, 88 Bianchi Strada (currently Sturmey'd), Yess World Cup race BMX, Pure Cruiser race BMX, RSD Mayor v3 Fatbike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked 190 Times in 132 Posts
Originally Posted by ardnet
Hi all,

Thanks so much for all the replies.

Sorry, I think my statement of “rim/v brakes” is confusing.

Basically, I’m currently using this rim brake drop lever/shifter of ST-4700R and ST-4703L, along with calliper of BR-4700.

The frameset that I’ll be using could be some Cyclocross type from Canyon, or the gravel type from Specialized (ie: Crux Expert).

Anyway, so from what I can conclude here, I should be able to use my current drop lever/shifter with any road bike mech disc brake calliper, is it?

And I also need to ensure whether the frameset that I’ll be using is using flat or post mount (i assume the common one always been the former).
Thanks in advance!
I just want to chime in that I've tried road-pull cable disc - and I prefer cantilever brakes. I had one bike set up with mechanical disc, and got rid of it, as the braking was worse than road rim brakes or cantilevers. I built my wife a bike with GRX-400 (Tiagra equivalent) with hydraulic disc - they are such a huge leap over mechanical disc that I would highly recommend going that way, even if you have to go cheaper on a frame or wheelset or wait a bit.
Likes For Viich: