LBKA (formerly punkncat)

Bikes: Spec Roubaix SL4, GT Traffic 1.0

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2208 Post(s)
Liked 960 Times in 686 Posts
About the used market

I have this bike:

Specialized ROUBAIX SL4 EXPERT COMPACT 2013 - Specifications | Reviews (bikeroar.com)

It's a 58, has around 2000 miles on it, in very good shape with a set of Zipp 101 along with the original wheels that have been ridden on once. The only thing really wrong with it at this point aside from a good layer of dust, is it's not being ridden. A couple of years ago, and before the pandemic I had taken it to a local Specialized shop to inquire about a trade for another bike and was offered so little for it in comparison to what I paid that I balked, hung the bike up, and have touched it exactly one time since then. I have become too heavy to ride it (it's limit is rated at 250) and being honest with myself am likely never to be of an appropriate weight again.

Anyway, all that aside, I know that during the early months of the shutdown that bikes pricing went severely haywire. I often will 'sweep' CL just to see what is going on and if there is one thing certain, the price ranges you see there will leave a person far more confused than confident in appropriate pricing. I would like if any of you folks with a bit more finger on the current market would be willing to throw a ballpark price on such, accepting that it's a blind quote. The shop tried to offer me a $300 trade in several years ago, thus why I just hung it back up.

Thoughts?