Old 05-13-19, 10:35 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10963 Post(s)
Liked 7,490 Times in 4,189 Posts
Originally Posted by dkyser
I am going to be purchasing a steel frame bike and leaning towards the All City Cosmic Stallion but not sure about post mount mechanical brakes.
I will use this mostly on road but will do some gravel.

I know flat mount hydraulic is the future but for the price, I like the frame ed coating and reputation of the All City.

Thanks
ED coating is done by most any large(and medium) brand with steel frames made in Taiwan. Its nearly universal. Just something to keep in mind here as its nice to have, sure, but not unique to AC.

As for brakes- post mount stop you just fine, as will flat mount. Cable discs will stop you just fine too, as will hydraulic discs.

Flat mount brakes are smaller and fit in a more traditional rear triangle. Post mount brakes require more room due to the size and placement within the triangle.
Flat mount also allows racks and fenders to attach in a more traditional way.

Thats really it in terms of differences. Pick whichever you want- they will both be around for the foreseeable future.