Old 06-01-16, 06:22 PM
GovernorSilver

Bikes: Breezer Uptown 8, Jamis Renegade Expert

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by wphamilton
I've always hankered for the Felt racing bikes, not that I'm likely to buy one but I think it would be pretty awesome for a fast commute, the kind where you take the lonnng way home.

The guy that parks beside me at work sometimes rides a Bottecchia CF, Ultegra, a nice commuting bike IMO. Same tires and wheels as I have but otherwise really discerning taste! More often he rides an old Trek hybrid with a milk carton on back, another good choice. It all depends on how you want to ride.
One of my bosses has a collection of fine racing road bikes (Colnago, De Rosa, etc.) as well as hybrids and such - he too chooses his ride for the day depending on mood. He parks the ride right by his office - nobody dares mess with it because of his rank.

My direct boss and I switched bikes for fun - he has a traditional (race oriented) road bike and my Renegade of course is an adventure roadie. It's a lot easier to accelerate and sustain higher speeds on his bike. However, I don't regret giving up race-ready speed for the smoother ride over rough surfaces that the Renegade provides, and it lets me ride faster on the streets that the Uptown 8 does. That does affect my commute route choices accordingly.