View Single Post
Old 11-01-21, 05:03 PM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7653 Post(s)
Liked 3,485 Times in 1,840 Posts
Originally Posted by rydabent
Nice personal attack. Maybe the moderator should take notice.
Don't make empty threats. Report me, if you think you have a case. Otherwise, take it lightly. If you think all this sis serious .... Wow. Really?
As a mechanical tech among other things, I assure you I know a lot about gearing.
Then you sdhould have nop difficulty understanding that 1x has valid applications. I assumed you did, in the post you tried to threaten me over .... and thank you for agreeing with me.

As others have stated, it is just something new the mfg want you to bite on, to be "up to date"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Actually, again, you know better. 1x is taking of in gravel biking because fo teh nature of the sport---it is more about adapting to a variety of road conditions over the length of a ride than holding a specific position and being as as efficient as possible. Different tools for different jobs. It has NOT caught on in road biking .... apparently people are biting. but oh .... you actualy say that down below, undercutting your own argument .... good lack of logic there.

Fortunately most of us ARE NOT so "ignorant" as to bite on this continuing sales ploy.
Yup. 1x was not introduced so much as to be "The Next Big Thing," but to suit the actual riding situations of a certain anumber of specialized riders.

This is why 1x has already taken over most MTB lines---people who actually ride off-road realized that they didn't need 24 closely-space gears, but needed fast shifts over a very wide range of gears--and rear shifts are faster. Further a lot of MTB riders found that they spent most of the ride in the middle gear, only very occasionally dropping way down or going way up ... so 1X made a lot of sense.

Your whole premise here is nonsense, and You Know it. You know enough about cycling, after 60 or 70 years of riding, that you understand why everything you are posting here is nonsense. You Knwo Better.

You know--and admit---that 1x is not the "Next Big Thing" after you claim it is. You say it is pointless when you Know, from years of riding, that in certain situations i tis very useful.

You also understand why for Most Road Riders, a good 2x system is more efficient and more effective than a triple.

You just come here because you are lonely, and maybe need some Metamucil.

I will tell you this--I have always teased you but respected you. Don't start trying to intimidate me with pretended threats. You can say what you ant about what I post, but don't try to escalate beyond a friendly discussion. You don't have many friends here, ... maybe I am the only person here who takes you seriously, respects you for the cycling life you have lived, and knows that you are not serious about these posts ... you are just doing you "get off my lawn" act.

If I am wrong to feel this way ... cool. I can adapt. You decide.