Old 11-14-18, 10:22 AM
daoswald

Bikes: 2008 Cannondale Synapse -- 2014 Cannondale Quick CX

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked 83 Times in 54 Posts
Originally Posted by Helderberg
Obviously I do not mean if you are commuting or traveling I am just asking what your basic, if anything, you carry always on your bike? For me I have a mini pump, metric allen wrench set, tire gauge, patch kit, Gerber multi tool, and of course a water bottle and phone, & wallet.
Anyone else have a "don't leave home without it" list?
Be safe, Frank.
Anyone who sets out more than walking distance from home without the ability to fix a puncture or pinch flat is eventually going to have to call for a pick-up or walk a lot farther, in less comfortable shoes, than is desirable. A bike tool is less important if the bike is well maintained and dialed in. But even so, it's possible that a bike tool can save the day.

My kit is: mini-pump, adhesive patch kit, tube, tire levers, small mini-tool, some cash, a photocopy of ID, and a velcro strap. Those things never leave my bike except to be used. I fix flats one or two times a month, on average, and it's always goatheads.

If you're riding around the neighborhood and could just walk home, travel light. But there's nothing worse than being 7 to 50 miles out without the means of rescuing yourself from an event that is almost assured to happen from time to time.