Old 03-02-20, 04:09 PM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Pre race with teammate. He pulled so smooth that day. Perfectly getting us up front the whole time but not working. Also even hiding on the correct side of cross winds. He called the wife and took care of a lot of stuff. He has some beer and a meal coming his way. Also, I give that helmet a zero. It's the right size, but seeing pictures it sits too high. My beanie is super thin and it's seated all the way, and fully forward too. Totally spending goooood money and gooooood fit on next one.

I'm 3rd wheel here. There's a quick but simple right hander about a mile out. We hammered that corner and got separation and stayed up front. I'm guessing this photo was at about 350m to go. The guys with me went side by side at about 300m to go. I was about to go left of the lefthand guy then tear em up real bad. They were strong but I had it......until I wokeup on the pavement:

Carnage, helmet: saved my ass for sure

Carnage, glasses: both saved my ass and screwed me up bad, looking at the scratches........I'll take the damage I received over what I didn't if I didn't have glasses on

Me: this is literally 200% better than Saturday. Saturday was a horror movie makeup kit look. They literally gave the face a bath in room temp saline on the hospital bed with mats to soak it up.

Wear your helmet and eye wear boys and girls.

Totally spinning Zwift tomorrow. Even if 100w for 15min. Full indoor workout by Friday should be doable.

Last edited by burnthesheep; 03-02-20 at 04:12 PM.
Likes For burnthesheep: