View Single Post
Old 05-20-22, 08:55 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3235 Post(s)
Liked 2,080 Times in 1,178 Posts
Originally Posted by fooferdoggie
well I have both and yes and no. not sure on the navigation its been awhile since I used the garmin for its and I only used the Karoo a few times both seemed fine.
but the Karoo has more blatant bugs. like the temp has been off since I have had it. It used to calibrate the altitude on a regular basis but now after several months it wont and the altitude will drift up or down.
it can reboot in the middle of the ride. they have been working on that but I still have it. for me this was a recent bug. it will lose connection with my phone so I don't see notifications. works well with the garmin radar but if you shut it off without ending a ride it will not turn the garmin off or on.
its slower than molasses booting up. I mean it takes minutes to do so then more time to get a ride going. if I go into a store I take the gps and the radar with me I have to turn off the Karoo or the radar goes off all the time in my pocket then I have to wait for it to boot up again and start the ride. this is a real announce. the garmin I hit stop and the power button and I am done then repeat to get going again. The screen is nicer and brighter than the garmin and the usb c a lot bette. Plus it does not turn on when I charge it like the gamin will. Its as loud as the 1030+ unlike most garmins.
The bugs on the Karoo are Moree blatant then the garmin the garmin is more stable. It's easier to add maps to the Karoo.
But the Karoo wont calculate calories burned and just recently headmost of your ride info on the web app.

All valid issues. One thing I do see is HH seems to make more of an effort to find and fix really glaring bugs. Faster then Garmin in most respects. And I wouldn't place much faith in ANYBODYS methods to calculate calories burned, I mean its a huge guessing game that doesnt have any basis in reality as far as Ive seen.