View Single Post
Old 06-11-22, 02:43 PM
DeadSlow

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 157 Times in 53 Posts
Originally Posted by Sertsa
I had my first longer, outdoor ride since my fall and skid on the 31st, but I went for 36KM, with a short 11KM tryout ride yesterday. It felt pretty good. There was even one point where I checked my watch and saw a higher average speed than I've had in quite some time. But then I turned around and realize I'd had a strong tailwind (which was now a headwind).
Haha, that happens to me a lot. If the wind is below 10kph I don't really notice it from any direction on my 4 lap circuit, but if it gets over 10kph and comes from the east I have one hill which I get up and feel really good about and another hill a few minutes later in the opposite direction where that all comes undone and I feel like I'm going backwards! Half the time I don't even feel the wind until I turn and head east then everything seems like a hill.

Currently 6am and it's blowing at about 60kph outside, the weather is predicting that this time tomorrow it will be as low as 9kph, I might get my first ride for the month in this time tomorrow.
Likes For DeadSlow: