Thread: Rear Rack
View Single Post
Old 06-18-22, 10:26 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3461 Post(s)
Liked 1,467 Times in 1,144 Posts
Originally Posted by greatbasin
As for the sales restrictions, I found the website to show a warning for shipping Ortlieb to the US, though its not clear that it won't actually happen. However, there is no warning or any prohibition in effect for shipping Ortlieb from bike-components.de to Canada where Frenzen shows to be in Quebec.
Thank you for correcting me, I hate to say something wrong and have that not get corrected. In the past the Ortlieb restriction has been portrayed as a global thing, but it was precipitated by too many USA buyers were trying to bypass some of the high cost distribution channels in USA. Perhaps it only is a USA restriction?

I am used to shopping around. The last bike I built up, I placed three orders for parts, one from a USA seller, one from a German seller and one from a UK seller. When I ordered a Rohloff hub eight years ago, I saved about $500 USD by buying from a German seller for just that single part by itself.