View Single Post
Old 06-25-22, 06:04 AM
Schreck83 

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked 313 Times in 162 Posts
Originally Posted by ehcoplex
As always, the wealth of information (& willingness to freely share) on this forum is amazing!

I have to admit to a lot of mental back-and-forth about what I want to do with this build. One minute it's a fast & comfy 650B build that I can take anywhere, the next it's keep it a 'racy' 700c... For my age, riding style and local geography, the former would be likely to get more use than the latter, though the latter could be a fun now-and-then ride. Anyway, beyond finishing stripping the frame I think I'll let it stew for a while as I finish up the Valgan build and tackle some major house projects and take advantage of the relatively short upstate NY riding season (at least the short 'pleasant' riding season....).
I’d be inclined to keep the frame on the racy side and gear to the hills. This would allow a future owner to rebuild as a racer. Only because it’s relatively rare Holdsworth. No need to duplicate the PX10 approach. It’s nice to have a fast and fun option.