View Single Post
Old 07-05-22, 08:56 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4361 Post(s)
Liked 4,002 Times in 2,671 Posts
My current tool bag on my daily driver is rather extravagant but quite useful. It is a set of the bits I need from PB-Swiss in a magnetic holder from Reitz Industries on the Etsy with a Snap-On magnetic bit ratchet. I also carry a Crank Brothers Speedier Lever, inflator, patches (both glueless and glued just because) and co2 cartridge. I also carry around a pump and will probably continue refining it to what I need.

The important thing to a tool kit is something you know how to use and that is practical for your usage. If you are going out for longer rides you might want more tools but if you are doing shorter rides you might need less stuff. However having tools you don't know how to use is pretty useless and having tools that are cheap and do a poor job are equally useless.

If I was going for a folding multi-tools the Crank Brothers M10 is by far my favorite but the bit driver is quite nice.