Old 10-01-19, 07:32 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,568 Times in 973 Posts
Signed up for Sunday's race. Should be fun. Just going to try to improve a few spots from last time.

I am a bit disappointed to miss tonight's last "WNW" ride. After this it's only about 10 of us that keep it going at a chill pace through the dark months. But, I need to use my free evening to do some cross practice. I'll grab a beer after with everyone.

I still think I lack a bit of discipline with nailing workouts versus getting too excitable and trying for something I'm not ready for. Challenges are fine, but if you can't finish 3x10 at 300..........why try 3x8 at 310? Patience young padawan. Learn the ways of the force you must.

Lol, it was fun and interesting to do that workout of 3x8's in Zwift flat Richmond though. There's some wicked strong folks on Zwift. But, the generic riding public I encounter on Zwift seem to always be really really really slow. Like tottering in groups at like 120w or something. That's perfectly cool. I do get passed like I'm standing still also. I just thought the ratio of super fast folks would have been higher. They probably all race, lol.

I need to check the schedules better and see if there's some group workouts around my lunch hour. No race, not going to try that with only ERG mode on the gym bike. That would be a disaster "more more more! crap, less less".