View Single Post
Old 05-31-19, 08:39 AM
furiousferret

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked 469 Times in 250 Posts
Since the end of my vacation I've been putting all my efforts into the TT bike for State Champs. Despite putting in about 10k miles on it I have never put in anything remotely close to a good 40k effort. Most of that training was to ride 112 miles, and the one time I did train for a 40 I tore my groin, taking me out for 4 months. TBH, I doubt I've ever broken +70% ftp over 30 minutes.

So I didn't have high expectations this week but higher than what happened. From a sore neck and being too fatigued to pull out any decent efforts (either from overtraining or lack of sleep) I really couldn't string anything together and this has turned into a rest week. So with my wife being sick (and keeping me up all night coughing) and just not having a good prep, I'm not doing State Champs. It was more of a litmus test anyway, but it's still a bummer. If I'm okay at it I'd like to get into the TT scene around here, but both series (Piru and Fiesta) are exactly 110 miles from my house, which is tough to make.

In bike racing I always have 2 sides that fight with me, the rational side and the dreamer side. The rational side says there's nothing to say I wont come in dead last. The dreamer side of me says if I can stay tucked and put in 90% of my ftp I can get a really good time.