View Single Post
Old 06-04-20, 05:35 PM
87 Demo

Bikes: 1972 Raleigh Super Course, 1973 Raleigh Gran Sport, 1974 Raleigh Super Tourer, 1975 Raleigh International, 1976 Torresini, 1987 Tommaso TC Cromor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 9 Posts
I'm thinking it's a 72 from the script, and because it has the ghost of the typical headbadge, not the anniversary badge. I'm puzzled by the seat tube, I'm thinking possibly whoever removed the decals from it may have taken off the top layer of paint and revealed the metallic base, but its also relatively shiny and smooth in person so I'm not sure.

Otherwise it's in great condition. I'm also surprised with how nicely it's built compared to my other Raleighs (for comparison, some photos of the sloppy brazing and lugwork on my '73 Gran Sport)

I have some ideas for what I'm gonna do with it, once i dig around and see what parts i have. I haven't built or worked on a bike in a few years and I'm not sure which parts have survived moving twice haha. Just will need to source a headset and a barrel adjuster for the rear brake cable stop, and figure out what seat post it takes, neither of two I tried fit.