View Single Post
Old 06-14-20, 09:08 PM
87 Demo

Bikes: 1972 Raleigh Super Course, 1973 Raleigh Gran Sport, 1974 Raleigh Super Tourer, 1975 Raleigh International, 1976 Torresini, 1987 Tommaso TC Cromor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 9 Posts
So i've collected most of the parts and started building and two things happened:

1) I nearly lost an eye and the my cable cutters snapped and sent a chunk of metal 1/4 an inch away from my eye. Yikes!

2) I realized the fork is ever so slightly out of line. I would'nt even call it bent, I dry fit a headset to fit the fork and it looks fine, I only realized something was wrong when I had the fork lying on a table and realized one leg is just slightly out of line with the other. I may straighten it, but if it rides fine, I may not.

Unfortunately, I can't find my non-driveside TA crank arm or the smaller ring for it, so the TA isn't going on it for now. The seat tube is also out of round, which ended up not being too bad because I got to use a 25.8 SR Extra Super Light seatpost I really like. Had to shim it because it it was slightly too small, but a 26.0 was too large.