Thread: War
View Single Post
Old 03-10-22, 08:30 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5224 Post(s)
Liked 3,585 Times in 2,344 Posts
wanted a mini bike when I was a kid cuz some other kinds in the neighborhood had them. Dad said there was no good place to ride them, so no. caught a cpl rides w/ friends, including as an adult on bigger bikes. never made the jump, mostly due to parking issues. Wifey's cousin had a mid-life change of heart (not crisis) & got a bike. sold it after he dumped it. no injuries that I heard about. colleague at worked got rear-end sitting at a stop light. busted a bunch of stuff & 2 years later is still recovering but he's back on his bicycle! just got married & bought a house. did not get another motorcycle. another colleague lost her Son when he crashed his motorcycle in NH. they are big on no helmets up there. every year I read about several that screw-the-pooch & wind up 6 feet under. the there's buddies like my late Jim R. who rode al his life. saw him flip a cute little Honda 250 over a chain blocking the school parking lot. got up brushed him self off & parked it. one tough SOB. a great pal that passed due to lung cancer. just couldn't give up the Marlboro reds. knowing me, I'd get studded tires on a motorcycle & dump it in the woods somewhere

juvenile love

the bikes on my block were not this nice