View Single Post
Old 09-28-22, 09:35 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,699 Times in 2,519 Posts
That's an interesting collection. Probably every builder that was active in the '70s or early '80s has something similar. The only thing I don't recognize is the dropout that appears to have an adjuster on it. Maybe it's welded on? I'm not sure it's a good idea. It always is somewhat of a culture shock to see how bad some of that stuff was finished. Sand casting clean parts isn't easy. But the stamped parts are also a lot of work to finish, especially bottom brackets.

Is that a contact for a SoN connectorless hub in the plastic bag?

Someone wanted to buy Campagnolo track dropouts, DSaul maybe? I think they stopped making the front track dropouts at some point, at least I don't have a set with my rear track dropouts. Usually when you see track dropouts on ebay, they come with a road set of front dropouts. So yours are unusual in that regard. Also, 1010 dropouts (with eyelets) are not particularly common. The ones without eyelets came with every groupo, so there are a lot of them.

Looks like someone used the drive side vertical dropout for a repair. They obviously didn't take those dropouts seriously, which is funny given what we know now. The French were using vertical dropouts at that time, but nobody was paying attention to them.