USAZorro
Señor Member

Bikes: Mostly English - predominantly Raleighs

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1492 Post(s)
Liked 1,096 Times in 642 Posts
Originally Posted by SwimmerMike
... For me, the best part of this game was seeing almost everything I put in the BoC get claimed quickly...
^
|
This

Over the years, I've come to appreciate that the folks of C&V come at the hobby with a variety of perspectives. Some folks completely dis-assemble and re-assemble relatively complex components (rear-derailleurs, indexed shifters, etc), while others are not inclined to. Some strive to put together concourse-worthy builds, while others want good performance, and yet others are happily getting clunkers back on the road. There's nothing wrong with tossing an otherwise-working derailleur of decent quality that lacks a jockey into the BOC, but if it joins two or three similarly lacking items, the result will likely be disappointment down the line. A brake caliper lacking pads or an adjuster or a securing washer... cool. A frozen Chen Shang... pass.

My experience is that the box is usually packed to the brim - which makes re-packing a challenge. In light of recent experiences related with regard to the box, I intend to modify my habit of being a slave to cramming every single thing that came in the box (which I did not take) back in before posting it forward. I think that this, and throwing in a couple small, craptastic items that will fit in, tends to contribute to a creeping eventual critical mass of "blah".