USAZorro
Señor Member

Bikes: Mostly English - predominantly Raleighs

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1492 Post(s)
Liked 1,096 Times in 642 Posts
Originally Posted by L134
I was new to this game. I am the guilty party for the 600 clips. They were small, fit in the box, not broken, vintage, not duplicate of anything else and probably only 3 because I had recently supplied one to another forum member ISO. One of the parts I removed was a seat post with a replacement clamping bolt and inappropriate nut but the other had exactly what I needed as a replacement on my seat post to make it whole again. I'm not trying to be argumentative but explaining that I evidently misinterpreted the game when I signed up. I'll respectfully request my name be removed from the list.
I admit that I didn't see that one coming.

In the past, I've put in some obscure small items with a bit of hesitation - wondering if anyone would take them. As often as not (I'll grant that numbers smaller than 10 are a very small sample size statistically speaking), within about three stops, those items had been claimed.

Granted, a near-mint Campagnolo Veloce 9-speed rear derailleur or a decent Cinelli stem is a surer bet to make someone's day, it isn't realistic to expect every item will be a lost treasure from Aladdin's cave. I've pulled out single brake levers, single calipers and single hubs before and put them to good use. Simple things like a claw hanger could be just the thing someone down the line needs to finish a build,