View Single Post
Old 11-16-22, 11:04 AM
icemilkcoffee 

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1562 Post(s)
Liked 1,734 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by Rolla
I agree with veganbikes: get a taillight that's rated for daytime use. The Bontrager Flare comes to mind.

As for the attachment, I'd probably just strap it to the frame; I've never had a clip-on that didn't fall off the saddlebag, and you've got plenty of room and ample visibility.

Yes that is what a logical person would do. But this frame is in really great shape and this bike in general has been the bike I fiddle with more than any of my other bikes, so it feels wrong for me to strap anything to the frame. Yes. Illogical I know.

Originally Posted by BobbyG
IMHO you will be more visible in traffic with any light if it is mounted up high on the back of your helmet. Then it can be sen better above car hoods.
I used to wear a helmet like that. Until one time my wife followed me and told me that the light did nothing most of the time because when I am leaning forward the light is pointing up in the sky.

Originally Posted by Homebrew01
Is "brightest" actually the best choice ?
I would go as far as to say that no bike light is bright enough in broad daylight. Actually there are two problems- too dim and too small. The latter is probably the bigger issue.
Likes For icemilkcoffee: