Old 12-03-21, 12:16 PM
cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 502 Post(s)
Liked 623 Times in 425 Posts
quick update... so, I purchased a few varying mtb pedals thru amazon... they ALL noted a slightly different 'dimension' on the pedal/cage width.
When they came in, except for some very slight cosmetic difference, they were ALL almost exact dulpicates of the Chesters ! LOL!
so back they went...
update on Chesters - I do like them a lot and did use them on an mtb ride I like, and hadn;t done in a couple months - Red Roc to Sunbird Quicksiver mine & return along Santa Ynez river trail - approx 15 mi RT. Some Los Padres Forest Service rd, some Steepish singletrack and some frequent knarly bouldered, dry river crossings of the Santa Ynez.
UPdate/upgrade on my '04 Spec EPic is almost complete - swap to 27.5 front wheel (awesome !!!) dropper seat post, chester pedals and coming is a shorter stem...
All three 'upgrades' are making a huge difference in singletrack riding - a lot more fun when you feel more in control... LOL!

'04 Spec Epic (27.5 frt) at Sunbird Mine - west view to Gibraltar Reservoir

Pic is at the Mine Overlook bench - view west to a very dry section of Gibraltar Reservoir (our serious drought results). Mine is down to left with red slag heap in view - waste cinnebar.
Trail hugs the steep left side and goes through the notch in the far left background. Awesome fun ride!
I'll keep the Chesters and swap back to the Eggbeater Acids on rides were width issues and strikes are a problem. I may still get a pair of the Wellgo 146s, to give them a try...
Ride On Yuri
Likes For cyclezen: