View Single Post
Old 06-30-22, 01:40 PM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 115 Posts
I'm still commuting, but haven't posted much lately. Not a whole lot outside of normal to talk about with my commute. Wash, rinse, repeat...

Consecutive bicycle work commute number 1450:

We're in a warm stretch right now with temps in the 90s. I'm not complaining one bit, as this is the weather I was praying for last February.

My road bike is in dire need of maintenance. The rear brakes are almost to metal, it's barely shifting in either direction and the bottom bracket is failing so bad that I have 1/4" of play at the ends of the cranks. I now have all sorts of replacement parts on hand ready to fix everything (bottom bracket, cassette, chain, shift cables, bar tape, brifter hoods and brake pads.) I was planning on doing the maintenance over the holiday weekend but last night I realized that my new bottom bracket takes a tool I don't have, so I had to order it. Hopefully the following weekend I can get everything back in ship-shape.