View Single Post
Old 07-30-21, 04:43 PM
antimonysarah

Bikes: Nishiki Bel-Air, Brompton P6L, Seven Resolute SLX, Co-motion Divide, Xtracycle RFA

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Mulkitez
I have never ridden PBP but am training for 2023. I thought that they don't allow support and that was the whole idea behind randonneuring? The PBP Web site reads: "Article 1 : The Audax Club Parisien organizes on August 18-22, 2019 the Paris-Brest-Paris Randonneur®, a 1200 km free-paced "Brevets de Randonneurs Mondiaux" event, in which riders are not allowed to get any support," is that not true?
So, the thing with support on brevets is that you can have support AT controls, nowhere else. (What that means in practice varies by location/event. At PBP it generally means support cars can park on the course or just off it in a very small radius around the control, or for some controls where there's no street parking nearby, in a specific lot. The support cars can't drive on the route in between controls, they have a different route to follow to cut down on traffic on the route as well as illegitimate support.) Evidently a lot of the French bike clubs have a support van. Other people are disdainful of even the legal support options. Etc.

I don't think I'm trying again in 2023 but as long as I have extra vacation time I might offer to crew for friends.
Likes For antimonysarah: