View Single Post
Old 11-30-21, 01:02 PM
Badger6
Obsessed with Eddington

Bikes: '16 Spesh Diverge, '14 Spesh Fatboy, '18 Spesh Epic, '18 Spesh SL6, '21 Spesh SL7, '21 Spesh Diverge...and maybe n+1?

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked 621 Times in 368 Posts
Originally Posted by Moisture
Here we go. Do explain what you suggest thats "fits you"
Sorry, deleted original to repost, BIKE! GET A DAMN BIKE THAT FITS!

I don't know. But something that is sized appropriately. You seem to be always talking about cranks and stems, and ignoring that the problem may be the frame geometry itself.

Example, I am 5'8" tall, 173cm. In general (not always), I am either at the top end of a 52cm frame or bottom end of 54cm frame on a road/gravel bike. But, long ago, based on many, many bikes, I know my general range for stack/reach of the frame and based on experience can tell if I should go smaller or larger. Either way, I know about where I need to be as a starting point.

You, on the other hand keep posting about bikes that seem to be all over the place on stack/reach on the frame (at least they seem to be based descriptions and such), and then alternately look for advice or congratulation on your choice of crank or stem. Then when you get advice, you want to argue. Normally, I'd just say STFU and leave me alone. But, I love riding bikes and want everyone else to love riding them, also. So I won't. But, dude, you really need to stop arguing, and start listening, like actually listening. Your choice of gears is irrelevant if the bike doesn't fit. Your argumentation about stem angles and lengths is stupid if the frame doesn't fit.

Figure out what fits you (there's lots of resources to get this baseline) and then adjust from there.
Likes For Badger6: