View Single Post
Old 08-10-22, 01:22 PM
cooperryder

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked 1,508 Times in 409 Posts
Originally Posted by DQRider
Ol' Blue is, more often than not, that bike for me. Near as I can tell, this is a 1981 Trek 412"
"everything blends into a harmonious whole that quickly becomes an extension of my desire for motion and will for control - truly a "one with the machine" sensation that happens when you concentrate on the essentials of the build, and dismiss the requirements of convention or fashion.

DQRider ,all of that in your above message which I did not copy entirely was so very well said. A veritable treatise describing a terrific bike , well thought out and built up in a way that brings you great enjoyment to ride and even to just look at all the details you like about it.

You have struck on what is the essence of what I enjoy about my bikes, ie, finding a worthy bike of the right size, rebuilding it into a bike with parts that really work for you specifically and then getting out there and riding it with a big smile on one's face.

With multiple bikes one bike can sometimes really stand out from the rest when all the elements involved just come together.

Then of course you must occasionally stop and photograph it with an interesting background and share with the rest of us like minded bike nuts.

Enjoy and thanks for sharing your bikes with us.

That goes for the rest of you folks that take the time to share your outstanding bikes and and pictures. It's inspiring.
Likes For cooperryder: