View Single Post
Old 08-21-20, 11:49 AM
Happy Feet

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2236 Post(s)
Liked 1,314 Times in 707 Posts
Originally Posted by Nyah
Wow, no wonder my B17 is killing my perineum after 15 miles. Do you happen to know what Brooks suggests for people who want to keep their saddle level with their handlebars?
B 17. The bike in my post above has saddle level with dropbar. It is a VO touring saddle, similar to a Brooks Flyer, which is just a sprung B 17.

The important thing is to decide which position you ride in most, hoods or drops, and adjust the nose angle for that.

If you have it optimized for hoods, and you go into the drops, it will press against the groin a bit. Over a long period you may get numbness or pain.

If you have it optimized for drops, staying in the hoods may feel like you are sliding forward which puts too much pressure on the hands to hold you back.

Once you get the main position set you can micro adjust to try and find a sweet (enough) spot for both. I find the newer seat posts with two adjustment bolts (for and aft) to work well for that.

The recommended saddle for more upright riding is the B 67, but that creates even more of a cradle and will dig into the groin deeper.

From the base B 17 design you can then look at similar models that accommodate wider or narrower sit bones.

Last edited by Happy Feet; 08-21-20 at 11:53 AM.