Old 06-22-21, 07:32 PM
Marcus_Ti
FLIR Kitten to 0.05C

Bikes: Roadie: Seven Axiom Race Ti w/Chorus 11s. CX/Adventure: Carver Gravel Grinder w/ Di2

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2349 Post(s)
Liked 406 Times in 254 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmyodonnell
NBC has held the US rights for the ASO races since before Discovery acquired Eurosport / GCN.
When the current deal comes up for renewal, maybe Discovery will bid for the US rights.
The point I was making is Discovery doesn't even bother running a sports channel in the USA. Just crappy pseudo science and reality TV. If they did, I'd think ASO would rather not get in bed with NBC for how much they make their product unwatchable and unmarketable.

Originally Posted by Iride01
This article from back in January https://www.velonews.com/news/road/r...er-after-2021/

suggests that NBC owns exclusive US broadcasting rights through 2023. So I'll be interested to see what happens in 2022. Certainly either NBC will lock up it's hold on more years of broadcast rights by then or some other entity will get them.

Wonder who controls who gets the broadcast rights of the TdF, the ASO?

As far as I've found out for the 2021 TdF, most will be on NBCSN with one or two days on NBC.

If it's not there, it's not a big deal. I have alternate ways to watch it. And apparently others have that figured out too.
ASO organized the TdF, the Paris-Nice, the Volta, the Vuelta and a few others. ASO basically is those races.