View Single Post
Old 07-08-21, 05:26 AM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Originally Posted by downtube42
Not the paperwork; these days it's all electronic anyway.

The stress is about not wanting to screw up and somehow miss a month. Either injury, illness, or skipping a bad weather weekend only to leave a worse weather weekend. Monday I did a MTB ride and tonight I raced a criterium, and the main thought on my mind both days was, don't crash and break a bone, because that would end my R-12 at 11.

I ended my string at R-60 a couple years ago, just because I needed a break. I have a little regret about not continuing, but it was a nice relief. Now I'm all in again.
I have only done one brevet since covid and have another coming up, those two are sort of a hybrid combination of paper recipts, photo, or GPS tracker like SPOT if I understand correctly

I did an accidental R12. R11 and R12 were in December and January. It snowed a bit on R11 but I cheated on R12 in January, I did it in Florida as is my custom of going to Florida for a 200 and 300K weekend. But I think I get it now. We are lucky here, there are so many brevets within a few hours drive. GL....I am sure you will get it done.