BillyD
Administrator

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene '04; Bridgestone RB-1 '92

Mentioned: 325 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11975 Post(s)
Liked 6,655 Times in 3,486 Posts
Originally Posted by Heathpack
Multiple millions. I did not marry him, even though that was an option. Smartest move I ever made, quite honestly. I woke up one day and 100% saw that situation for what it was, and it was not good. I surprised myself because I went from being engaged and living with the guy to being moved out and gone in the span of one week. There was not even a precipitating event, just I literally woke up one day and realized I was hitching my star to a very dysfunctional person. Smart, witty, athletic, and fun to be around, yes. But basically F-ed up from a weird rich person upbringing and at the very least an alcoholic. The kind of guy who has the real potential to drag me down with him. It was a lightbulb moment and that was that, it was over and I moved on. Still friends though and if I ever needed anything, I know I could count on him, he's a good person.
I understand. Been there, done that.

I had a close call or two myself, but like you said, one day the fog clears just a little and you see things clearer and you realize "Hey, this is fun and all, but it sure ain't good", and then it's time to skedaddle.