aplcr0331
Hear myself getting fat

Bikes: Sir Velo A Sparrow

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked 265 Times in 134 Posts
Originally Posted by rubiksoval
You call it open-minded. I just call it inexperienced.

Good to try different things, though. I just find it strange when people who haven't done much, or have only done one thing, argue voraciously for that one thing.

I've done polarized training myself and said as much previously when I didn't think it yielded very good results. My experience is certainly not one that's isolated to me.

And again, as I said above, talented people can do great with anything, as can inexperienced and people without extensive training backgrounds. If it's a new stimulus, your body will adapt. How long that stimulus causes adaptations is something that has to be addressed when you've been at it longer.

Traditional periodization is not polarized training. Periodization refers to a training methodology that moves from general fitness to specific fitness. Nothing to do with whether or not the training is polarized.
I'm certainly inexperienced, no argument there. Actually no argument at all on any of this. I guess I figured this was a conversation about "training" and it's associated information. Again, this is not a plan I'm following nor is it something that I put for as my own research. Even Seiler doesn't say this is the only way to train. I think you're right that people respond differently to different training stimulus. I thought this was an interesting approach. Nothing more.

Figured it was a conversation, I'm certainly not "voracious" in my presentation of what I'm reading about.

Take care.