Old 01-12-18, 06:14 PM
rubiksoval

Bikes: bikes

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2622 Post(s)
Liked 1,429 Times in 711 Posts
Originally Posted by aplcr0331
I'm certainly inexperienced, no argument there. Actually no argument at all on any of this. I guess I figured this was a conversation about "training" and it's associated information. Again, this is not a plan I'm following nor is it something that I put for as my own research. Even Seiler doesn't say this is the only way to train. I think you're right that people respond differently to different training stimulus. I thought this was an interesting approach. Nothing more.

Figured it was a conversation, I'm certainly not "voracious" in my presentation of what I'm reading about.

Take care.
I gotcha. Maybe I just read more into it when you suggested that you were more open-minded and more apt to look for different training approaches. I think I've spent nearly as much time looking at different approaches, reading about, discussing, and trying them as I've spent actually riding. And I still don't know half there is to know about any of it, except that everything has basically been done by someone at some point, and that there are many, many ways to get fitness.

Anyway, this was a big thing four years ago or so. Seems to have lost quite a bit of traction after that, though, or at least not as many people talking about it. Presumably because people started trying it more or analyzing it a bit more deeply.

Some additional (though anecdotal in large amounts) reading:

Polarized Training - Interesting Lecture Video : Triathlon Forum: Slowtwitch Forums