View Single Post
Old 07-13-20, 11:35 AM
abshipp 

Bikes: 1975 Motobecane Grand Jubile, 2020 Holdsworth Competition, 2022 Giant Trance 29 3

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3361 Post(s)
Liked 3,638 Times in 1,244 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
Lacrosse is a cute little town. We spent an extended weekend there last year, really liked it and decided that we'd have to go back again. That said, a big part of what I liked was the mix of shops and restaurants/bars, and I don't know how much that mojo has changed in current conditions.
Good to know, thanks

It was a little strange being up in northern WI last week, everything was open and we were in a bustling little tourist town.

With cases increasing in WI we'll see what happens. It's not much of an issue for us to travel somewhere since we are very unlikely carriers, but of course we don't want to bring something back home with us.

Originally Posted by SwtBadger
Don't do Lacrosse, it has rained 4 out of the 5 times I've gone there . Of course YMMV and likely will.

The Elroy Sparta trail is a great ride. With the 3 tunnels remember to bring a flash light. I am pretty sure its unpaved as are the other rails to trails bike trails in the area. I've never road biked in the area, but I'm guessing with the bluffs, Mississippi, and general wooded wilderness could likely put together a good ride or two. Wisconsin puts out a bike guide and there may be some suggestions for road bike routes in there.
Elroy-Sparta has been on my list for a while. Just another one of those "hopefully someday, it could be fun" trips - close enough to consider it but just far enough to make it warrant at least an overnight stay which are few and far between for us.

This would be a non-cycling trip. My wife has lived basically all of her life in northern Illinois, but informed me that under no circumstances does she want to spend her 30th birthday here
Likes For abshipp: