View Single Post
Old 02-20-21, 09:28 AM
balto charlie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked 156 Times in 99 Posts
Originally Posted by Jonathan Hanson
There's a lot of elevation variation around southern Arizona, so lows can vary by a lot. Tucson is at 2,300-2,500 feet, the nearby mountains are 9,000, grassland around the Dragoon Mountains and on the Buenos Aires National Wildlife Refuge is around 5,000 and nights there can be in the 20s.

I think a long-term Air BnB would be your best bet. Downtown Tucson has had a complete revival and is a great restaurant/pub area. Nice day rides would include Saguaro National Park East and/or West, or, using a vehicle to access, the Buenos Aires (dirt roads), west side of the Dragoons (likewise), or Redington Pass (likewise). Ride over Gates Pass on west Speedway and out to the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum—the latter not to be missed whether or not you ride there.

If you like paved roads and climbs, Mount Lemmon is a good one, as it Kitt Peak to the observatory.

Does that help?
Thanks, lots of good info. Some I was aware and some new possibilities. I was also looking into the Bisbee area, has some interesting sites.

Thanks so much