Old 02-06-23, 09:20 AM
sd5782 

Bikes: 1964 Huffy Sportsman, 1972 Fuji Newest, 1973 Schwinn Super Sport (3), 1982 Trek 412, 1983 Trek 700, 1989 Miyata 1000LT, 1991 Bianchi Boardwalk, plus others

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 583 Post(s)
Liked 700 Times in 395 Posts
Originally Posted by FBinNY
This is so-o-o-o-oo sad.

You have a wheel that has served you well, and come here questioning your good luck, because there is so much "wrong" with it.

It's like going to the track, betting some long shot nag, and wondering what went wrong when it comes in.

Yes, there are issues with the wheel, and I wouldn't buy or sell one like it. But you've crossed that bridge and all is good so far. So, it seems you're wanting to toss it now, only to avoid having to toss it later.

I hope it makes sense to someone, or maybe you're planning a long tour and need to prioritize reliability. Otherwise, I'm lost here.
I guess a little knowledge on my part is a dangerous thing. Actually, I have time on my hands now and in the winter I am looking for some bike projects. I will keep the wheel of course and just search out some spokes if possible. It would seem to be a worthwhile project. I am wondering how those spokes did get on there 45 years ago. I also was concerned that with riding with spokes that are closer to proper tension now might affect my luck, as it had loose spokes for decades.
Likes For sd5782: