View Single Post
Old 01-15-22, 05:15 PM
im1dermike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Is my new IC4 big enough?

I recently purchased a Schwinn IC4 as a low-impact at-home workout option. I assembled it today and attempted to properly adjust it for myself. I'm not an avid cyclist by any means so I'm not completely clear on how to properly adjust the bike. I followed a YT video on how to properly adjust an indoor bike and I was hoping to get some feedback on my adjustments attempt to understand if this bike is large enough for me. I'm 6'5" with average-sized legs and long arms.

The first thing I did (per the YT video) was attempt to set the seat height at the top of my hip bone. The top of my hip bone is about an inch higher than the STOP marker on the seat height. I then maxed out the handlebar height (again per the video). When I sat on the bike at that point and put the pedal at its lowest point, my knee seemed slightly bent (a good thing I take it). I then attempted to adjust the seat backward/forward and the handlebar backward/forward until it seemed as comfortable as possible.

Here is a picture of me after making the adjustments that seemed correct: https colon slash slash photos.app.goo.gl/vMB5vqPtGJ4fz1iPA (sorry I can't link it properly b/c I don't have enough posts to do so)

The woman in the YT video seemed like she was able to sit more upright, but I've unfortunately maxed out the handlebars so I can't go any higher to sit more upright.

Does the bike look like it fits properly enough to be able to work out effectively and safely? I'm concerned that if the seat or handlebars need to be up any higher, this means the bike is not appropriate for me and I'll have to try to return it.

Thanks in advance!