View Single Post
Old 06-15-22, 02:37 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10421 Post(s)
Liked 11,882 Times in 6,088 Posts
Originally Posted by koala logs
I think it will take at least one week of no caffeine to see any changes. But beware of withdrawal effects if you attempt to fully quit on coffee.

One way you can reduce or eliminate withdrawal effect is slowly taper your consumption of caffeine. Lesser dosage each day. Avoid decaf coffee. IMO, decaf coffee can still stimulate caffeine receptors in the body. In fact, I went with decaf coffee for several months and still suffered withdrawal effects when I quit decaf coffee.

I've been coffee-free for many months now both caffeine and decaf. I've been diagnosed with hypertension as well. It's mostly due to daily stress. Harder cardio workouts and quitting coffee and my BP is back to teenage levels despite dealing with the same levels of stress or even worse. I just had to make for the lack of coffee with harder intervals in training. Hold harder efforts for longer until adrenaline kicks in.
Ah, well, you see my hypertension is more genetic. In my 20s and 30s, I'd routinely have BP of 110/70. Late 40s it manifested itself . I told my doc I wanted to try lifestyle changes, and she said go ahead. I rode a lot of miles, ate bushels of salad, cut back on carbs, ate a lot of lean meat. Result? No change in the numbers. So we went with drugs.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles