View Single Post
Old 12-19-20, 06:18 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4323 Post(s)
Liked 3,945 Times in 2,638 Posts
Originally Posted by sorenmad
visually and all the noise, I [had] to lube every day even when not raining to fight the noise.

that was just the fixed side, freewheel sits further out and was not perfect but near silent.
Originally Posted by sorenmad
the shop put them in backwards, I noticed when they came lose after 2 hours riding.

so i was not only stoned but pissed,

I Felt treated like a poser, im 51 scruffy, and smoke a lot a ganga.

That woudnt have been so bad if they put my ring on right lol
What bike are you riding and how do you even know it is chainline and not other problems?

As far as the chainring bolts why would they have put them in wrong or touched them. You did install them according you to your own account which you have since deleted. You also freely admit to smoking a lot of ganga which either is the river in India (aka Ganges) or you meant ganja (aka weed, cannabis...) I know plenty of people who can be functional on it but you just don't seem like that type maybe at least from what I can glean from this.

It is possible that someone in the shop made an error it does happen but something like that just doesn't seem realistic given your original posting (which again you have heavily edited). I would suggest getting a clear head, watching some videos on how to install chainring bolts properly and go at it yourself, also make sure you are using the correct bottom bracket and everything else is properly tightened. If you can be responsible while smoking fine if you can't maybe time to quit. As far as being scruffy who cares, be scruffy or don't. I can't judge I can just say that going in stoned off your gourd looking disheveled doesn't help your case though.