View Single Post
Old 02-07-22, 04:38 PM
Noonievut

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked 254 Times in 127 Posts
Originally Posted by BrazAd
I'll second this saddle 1000%! I was lucky - when I bought my first bike in June 2017 the seller threw this saddle in as an extra. I put it on and immediately felt "at home." That was over 26,000 miles ago. I have it on all of my bikes. Last year (2021) I rode it for 16 centuries and 7,300 miles. In 2020 I rode it for14 centuries and 8,501 miles.

It's not sexy. It's not feather light. The "experts" say it has too much padding. All I know is that it cradles my posterior and this is one contact point that I don't have to worry about.

Highly recommended!

Gary
Leesburg, GA
Before using this saddle had you used one that had as much padding, or a less padded saddle? I’m thinking of saddles in two ways lately:

- Shape: flat vs. curved, T vs. pear, etc
- Cushion (including material) range of thickness of padding

I used to ride more curved saddles but struggled with them. They had moderate padding. I then tried a flatter saddle but still with moderate padding (still not happy). Now I’m trying a flat saddle, that quickly tapers towards the nose (my legs like this), and has only a little padding (happier), next I’m trying the same style of saddle but with more padding.