Thread: Saddle Test!
View Single Post
Old 02-08-22, 07:33 AM
BrazAd

Bikes: 1983 Trek 400, 2015 Cannondale Synapse, Soma Double Cross, 2021 Salsa Warbird 600

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Noonievut
Before using this saddle had you used one that had as much padding, or a less padded saddle?
The first saddle I tried (as a *newbie* rider) was the stock Bianchi saddle that came on the 2011 Sempre I bought in June 2017. My posterior didn't like it at all (and granted, it wasn't in cycling shape, I realize now).

I'm 6'-1", weighed 265 when I started, now riding in the 230-240 range. My average ride is 30-35 miles (based on mileage divided by # of rides) spanning over 26,000 miles in 4-1/2 years. For example, I rode 30 miles this past Saturday on dirt on my 2021 Salsa Warbird with the Selle TMP SRK saddle that I put on it after I bought it in December.

I get on my bikes, ride and don't even *think* about my saddle. The Selle TMP SRK works for me, thankfully. I tried the Selle Anatomica for 30 days last year - sent it back after a few hundred miles. I have a Brooks B-17 somewhere. I've ridden it a few hundred miles and it still doesn't feel great or comfortable, so I don't use it.

Best thing is, the Selle TMP SRK sells for $75 +/-, so it's cheap in the world of saddles.

Oh, one last thing. My wife, a casual rider, has been struggling to get the right saddle for her. In December when I bought another Selle TMP SRK (large) for my new Warbird, I decided to buy her one (medium) and try it - why not? She's only ridden it a couple of times but says she *thinks* she likes it. We'll see!

Gary