Old 08-29-09, 08:54 PM
eggnoggbubble

Bikes: Surly Pack Rat (size 54 - I'm 5'11"), Surly Pugsley Ops (tires:JJ4.0)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
first real test of the yuba yesterday! picked baby up from daycare and went to the park.

Daycare bag (clothes changes, washable diapers etc) and sleeping mattress (because that goes home at the weekend to be washed) went in the go-getter bag, the baby stroller was strapped to the wideloader on the other side, and off we went to the park!

(baby is in a rucksack (type-thing) on my back - I know some people are against that arrangement, but riding as slowly as i do, on the sidewalk and thinking as a pedestrian, I feel pretty safe)

As i say, first time I've really hauled anything I couldn't on another bike, it felt SOLID and STABLE, remarkably so, in fact i hardly noticed the weight at all, tho it probably helped that there was weight on both sides. Gearing was plenty low enough for the moderate hills i had to climb - i did them all spinning while still sat in the saddle.

Without the yuba this clearly would have been a car journey, but since we only did about 6km all afternoon that would have been....immoral

Got lots of stares from people i passed - spreading the word!

ps sorry about the crap photo - i really didnt want to manoeuver the bike back out of the (rather narrow) driveway to take a better one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
yubadventures (1).jpg (40.1 KB, 103 views)